I can't stand KDE's default blue glow. Here's how to disable it. I'm using Oxygen for window decorations, but the procedure should be the same for everything else.
System: Kubuntu 13.10 x64, KDE: 4.11.2
- Start/K Logo > System Settings
- Workstation Appearance, under Workstation Appearance and Behaviour
- Window Decorations > Configure Decoration
- The decoration in use is highlighted
- Shadows (tab)
- Active Window Glow (uncheck)
- OK and close out of any remaining windows
And here is the same window without the glow!